Heka Good Time with GoodyBeats

GoodyBeats before/after keto transformation

This morning we chatted with our friend, @GoodyBeats, during our new series: Heka Good Time. If you missed it, you can catch it on our IGTV by clicking here.  

When did you start doing keto and why? 

I started doing keto back in 2013 and I was doing it before I even knew it was Keto my coach put me on it because I told him I wanted to get “shredded” so he made me a meal plan I followed it for 10 weeks and got super shredded and little did I know I was doing the ketogenic diet.

What benefits have you seen while doing keto?

The main benefits or that I no longer have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and I am no longer prediabetic!


How do you stay away from yummy, carby snacks? 

At first this was a struggle but over the years with Keto being so popular so many companies have made keto-friendly snacks were you don’t need to feel guilty anymore eating chips because they’re keto-friendly or even having ice cream because there’s no cure for the ice cream it’s a great time to be alive and do the ketogenic diet lol.

How do you make sure the keto snacks you eat don’t knock you out of ketosis?

One way I like to make sure foods are truly keto friendly it’s a check my ketones after I have a keto snack if I’m still in ketosis then that means to me it is truly keto friendly if I’m not well then I most like it when I eat it again.

Are there ingredients you avoid when looking for keto snacks?

My body does not work well with chicory root, maltodextrin, or  dextrose. Those are the ingredients I try to avoid the most. 

Do you have any “pro-tips” or “life-hacks” to make the keto lifestyle easier? 

My biggest life hack when doing the ketogenic diet is to make it a lifestyle that’s why I’ve been able to live the ketogenic lifestyle for so long I do 90% keto the other 10% whatever I want to eat! That could mean beer pizza donuts whatever I found a balance that works for me and I’m able to live it fit and healthy lifestyle all while maintaining my happiness and never feeling like I can never have certain foods.

How can we connect with you on social? 

You can connect with me on all my social media platforms @goodybeats on YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook

You can shop GoodBeats Heka link here with discount code: GoodyBeats

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published